The transport ministry issued a notification on August 28, 2019, listing out the New Motor Vehicle Act that will come into effect from September 1, 2019. These provisions will require no further amendments in the Central Motor Vehicles Rules 1989. Hence, this means that driving fines are going to make a huge hole in your pocket.
Here is a list of offences and their revised penalties as per the new motor vehicle act:
- No Seatbelt: Fine of Rs. 1000
- without Helmet: Fine of Rs. 1000
- Driving without License: Fine of Rs. 5000
- Speeding: Fine of Rs. 5000
- Drunk Driving: First offence- fine up to Rs 10,000 or imprisonment up to six months
- Jumping Traffic Lights/ using mobile/ driving against traffic flow: Fine of Rs. 5000
- Uninsured Vehicle: Fine up to Rs. 2000
- Oversize Vehicle: Fine of Rs. 5000
- Related to the accident (Section 132 (i), 133 and 134): First offence – fine up to Rs 5,000 or imprisonment of 6 months; second offence- fine up to Rs 10,000 or imprisonment of 1 year
- Driving despite disqualification: Fine of Rs 10,000
How a Dash Camera will help you to avoid huge penalties?
Your Digital Eyewitness in an accident
You could be affected by this new motor vehicle act Accidents are inevitable with our current road conditions. Poor road infrastructure and an increase in rash driving behavior have made our roads unsafe. Youngsters on motorcycles weaving through traffic are a common sight. If they bump into your vehicle and fall down, they won’t hesitate to blame you for negligence straight away. Thus, in such state of affairs, a dash cam becomes handy. You can show your video footage as proof that you are innocent to the traffic police.
Avoid paying fines when you are not at fault
When you’re stopped for a traffic violation you didn’t commit, in this case offer up your Dashcam footage to the traffic Police before the ticket is written. If the police won’t watch it, bring the footage to the court to contest the penalty.
If you want to save yourself from the penalty, then install Dash Cam from India's No. 1 Dash Camera brand.
Safe Cams, the best Car Dashboard Camera Supplier in India